Or Register your interest in an apprenticeship - call 0151 551 7610
This apprenticeship is for installation technicians.
Knowledge and skills areas that will be covered include:
- Principles, practices and legisation for termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords
- Installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings and structures
- Inspections, testing, commissioning and certification
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
- Design, building, installation and maintenance
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Level 2 English and maths Individual employers may identify other relevant entry requirements.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Apprentices will complete a Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification, online questions, assignments, practical assessment and AM2 test and if not already achieved English and Maths at Level 2. A portfolio of on site evidence is also required.
On achievement of this apprenticeship the apprnetie can apply to be recognised y the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) against the Engineering Council's UK spec as an Engineering Tecnician.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form