Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are looking to train as a fully qualified electrician installing in Commercial, Industrial and domestic locations, the City & Guilds 2365 course could be for you. This is now the default qualification for the traditional route to becoming an electrician whether or not you are employed by an electrical contractor. Please note at the end of the course you will have the status of an Electrician's Mate.
The City & Guilds 2365 covers the following subjects:-
- Commercial - such as supermarkets, offices, warehouses, schools, shops, restaurants, hospitals.
- Industrial - such as research/development parks, heavy manufacturing, buildings, factories.
- Domestic - such as houses, flats, bungalows, renewable, solar PV
- Agricultural - farms
- Maintenance services, local authorities
- Media - Electricians required for the day to day running operations in television, radio.
- Sporting venues - theatres, concert halls, stadium events.
This is a Study Programme for those aged 16-18 years of age.
3 GCSEs - including 2 Grade 3/D's or above and maths Grade 4/C or above or Level 1 Electrical Installation and Grade 3/D in maths.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and / or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.Office use only. Non Standard 5.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Personal Protective Equipment - £40 Educational Visits - £35 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
|Monday||09:00 — 15:00||Wirral Waters|
|Thursday||09:00 — 14:00||Wirral Waters|
|Friday||09:00 — 14:00||Wirral Waters|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £1275.00
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form