Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are looking to train as a fully qualified electrician installing in Commercial, Industrial and domestic locations, the City & Guilds 2365 course could be for you. This is now the default qualification for the traditional route to becoming an electrician whether or not you are employed by an electrical contractor. Please note at the end of the course you will have the status of an Electrician's Mate.
The City & Guilds 2365 covers the following subjects:-
- Commercial - such as supermarkets, offices, warehouses, schools, shops, restaurants, hospitals.
- Industrial - such as research/development parks, heavy manufacturing, buildings, factories.
- Domestic - such as houses, flats, bungalows, renewable, solar PV
- Agricultural - farms
- Maintenance services, local authorities
- Media - Electricians required for the day to day running operations in television, radio.
- Sporting venues - theatres, concert halls, stadium events.
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
3 GCSEs - including 2 Grade 3/D's or above and maths Grade 4/C or above or Level 1 Electrical Installation and Grade 3/D in maths.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and / or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Office use only. Non Standard 5.
Students will be required to provide their own safety boots and drawing equipment.
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1275.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).