Wirral Met College’s Supported Internship programme offer people aged 16-24 with learning disabilities or learning difficulties, with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), the opportunity to gain practical, work-based learning experience. Tailored to the individual needs of each young person to ensure that their skills are developed with their career aspirations in mind, these internships provide a smooth transition from education into paid employment.
HOW DO SUPPORTED INTERNSHIPS WORK?
Our supported internship programmes are a partnership between Wirral Met College and an employer, fully supported by our experienced college job coaches.
THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Create a diverse and vibrant workforce, whilst enhancing your business’s image as a leader in employing people with disabilities. You can expect to see:
- Improved workforce morale
- Customer goodwill
- A flexible, productive recruitment process to achieve your business goals
- Corporate Social Responsibility evidence for your work with the local community
THE BENEFITS FOR INTERNS
- Raises aspirations
- Builds skills and confidence
- Provides understanding of employment
- Shows employers what they can do
- Helps to progress on to paid employment