Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is aimed at young people who wish to work in the rewarding Social Care sector. The course focuses on improving your knowledge and practical work placement skills may help you find work within the sector.
This Level 2 Certificate is vocationally based and includes topics such as:
- Role of the Social Care Worker
- Duty of Care
- Person-Centred Planning
- This is a study programme for students 16-18 years.
- You should have a relevant Level 1 course or 3 GCSE's at grade 3/D or above including English and maths.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or reference.
No specialist equipment is needed. A work placement T Shirt will be provided.
You will be assessed by assignments and workbooks. These assignments may include practical activities on placement.
Work placement for this qualification is a compulsory part of this course. All students will be subject to a DBS Disclosure and Barring Service (formally CRB) check.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This course and work placement should give you a head start in finding employment in the Health and Social Care sector, or obtaining an Apprenticeship in this field. The knowledge gained will be recognised by employers and Apprenticeship frameworks.
You may progress onto one of our Level 3 Health and Social Care programmes or onto an Advanced Apprenticeship programme with the Skills for Health Academy.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £420.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).