Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course covers advanced plumbing and provides an introduction to design and gas principles.
The course contains the following units:
- Unit 201 Health and Safety in building services engineering
- Unit 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Unit 302 Design assessment
- Unit 303 Complex cold water systems
- Unit 304 Complex hot water systems
- Unit 306 Complex central heating systems
- Unit 307 Domestic gas principles
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
Relevant Level 2 qualification at pass or above or equivalent and Grade 4/C or equivalent in maths.
Satisfactory interview/assessment, school report and/or reference.
Students will be required to provide their own safety boots and drawing equipment.
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to handle tools and equipment.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2850.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).