Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are looking to train as a fully qualified electrician installing in commercial, industrial and domestic locations, this City & Guilds 2365 course could be for you. This is now the default qualification for the traditional route to becoming an electrician.
Please note on completion of the course you will hold the status of Electrician's Mate.
The course covers the following subjects:-
- Commercial - such as supermarkets, offices, warehouses, schools, shops, restaurants and hospitals.
- Industrial - such as research/development parks, heavy manufacturing, buildings and factories.
- Domestic - such as houses, flats, bungalows, renewable and solar PV.
- Agricultural - farms.
- Maintenance services and local authorities.
- Media - Electricians required for the day to day running operations in television and radio.
- Sporting venues - theatres, concert halls and stadium events.
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) (2365-02) or equivalent and Grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent in Maths.
Satisfactory interview, school report and/or reference.
Office use only. Non Standard 6.
Students will be required to provide their own safety boots and drawing equipment, e.g. scale ruler, pencils and pens.
Assessment will be through practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2850.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).