Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The Introducing Caring for Children and Young People Level 2 Certificate will give students a good understanding of childcare and education, parenting and babysitting. It will also help them to make an informed choice about working with children and young people.
This qualification provides an understanding of how to care for children when babysitting in a home environment. It includes babysitter's responsibilities to the children they are looking after, their responsibilities to the parent(s), and accident prevention and fire safety. The qualification also introduces students to the responsibilities of being a parent. It covers the welfare and care of babies and young children, the importance of a healthy lifestyle and how to access different types of support for new parents.
- This is a study programme for students 16-18 years.
- Relevant Level 1 qualification or 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D including English Language.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and reference from your last place of education or training.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Uniform £30 Disclosure and Barring Service Check Certificate £44 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. This could include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by CACHE*.
At interview you will need to:
- Show evidence of current GCSE results
- Demonstrate level 1 English during assessment and interview which includes speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Show that you are motivated, committed and have excellent punctuality and attendance.
- Present a Record of Achievement from your last school.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
When you have successfully completed your course you may be able to progress (although not automatic and ensuring Level 2 entry requirements are met) into the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
|Monday||10:00 — 11:30||12 Quays|
|Tuesday||09:00 — 12:00||12 Quays|
|Thursday||09:00 — 15:30||12 Quays|
|Friday||14:00 — 15:30||12 Quays|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £425.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form