The Students’ Union is a voluntary body run by students for students and is available to help you settle into College, provide feedback on your course, make new friends and, if you have a problem either in college or outside, we’re here to help.
On enrolment, you automatically become a member of the Students’ Union (unless you decide to opt out) and you can stand for election as a Students’ Union Officer, and/or become a Course Rep.
Events / Trips
Course Rep meetings
Student Representative Council meetings for 2020:
Monday 10th Feburary - Friday 14th Feburary
Monday 11th May - Friday 18th May
Freshers’ Fair takes place during the second week of September at our Twelve Quays Campus – watch out for details in College!
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
More info coming soon!
Charity Hollywood Night - Thursday 6th February 2020
Where? The Birches Restaurant, Conway Park Campus How much? TBC
Charity Gala Dinner - Thursday 4th June 2020
Where? The Birches Restaurant, Conway Park Campus
Each year in the first term, students and staff vote for their chosen charity of the year, so that the monies raised from our fund-raising activities can go to one key charity.
The Clatterbridge Cancer Charity has been elected for our 2019-20 charity.
Meet the Students’ Union Team
The Students’ Union has dedicated officers elected by the students who oversee the running of the Union. The Executive Students’ Union Committee meets regularly – details are available from the Students’ Union office on the ground floor, opposite Reception at our Conway Park Campus.
Students’ Union President – Charleigh
Students’ Union Administrator (staff) - Wendy Gould
Students’ Union Adviser (staff) - Sarah Norris
Students’ Union Administrator (volunteer) - Kathy Wylde
What We Do
- Students’ Union Officers attend National Union of Students (NUS) conferences, lobbying the government and local MPs, working alongside the NUS on various issues which impact students.
- The Students’ Union has an ‘open door’ policy and students are welcome to call in whenever the office is open for a general chat or to discuss a specific problem. Whilst we can’t promise to solve every issue, we will do our best to signpost you to the people who can.
- Very occasionally, students will find themselves in need of help with a disciplinary issue and we have a dedicated officer who will support you through the process. If you would like their assistance, please contact the Students' Union.
- The Students’ Union works closely with College staff to organise and facilitate the ‘Student Voice’ which enables students to give feedback to the College. The Union helps to recruit course representatives and organises training events and meetings, which reps attend and put forward views and opinions on behalf of the other students in their groups.
- Course Representatives play an important role within the college, as they also speak on behalf of their fellow students at Student Representative Council meetings. They tell the College what they are doing well and what not so well. College staff listen to all comments and, where possible, act upon those comments. Any actions taken or reasons why actions cannot be implemented are fed back through Personal Tutors.
- The Students’ Union gives Personal Tutors information about activities and events that have been organised by the Union.
All officers and staff can be contacted through the Students’ Union office based on the ground floor opposite Reception at Conway Park Campus.
Call: 0151 551 7197 or 07927 833639 / 07933 691038 (mobile)