Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The T Level in Health will equip you with the essential skills and knowledge to work in the Health sector, including providing insight into this dynamic sector.
Wirral Met is pleased to offer this new qualification which builds on our extensive experience of delivering Health courses in collaboration with employers and industry experts. In partnership with a number of NHS Trusts and healthcare providers, our programme ensures you will develop a real insight into the range of roles and services within this field. Your industry placement, alongside an employer set project and other activities will provide a strong basis to progress your career in this important sector.
T Levels are equivalent to 3 A Levels and their respective UCAS points, meaning that you can into skilled employment or higher-level technical training or degree study in the health sector.
At Wirral Met you will be given the opportunity to specialise in either Supporting the Care of are of Children and Young People or Adult Nursing.
The T Level Health qualification will equip you with the skills, knowledge and industry experience to start your journey in this rewarding sector.
Equivalent to three A levels, this two-year technical qualification has been designed in collaboration with Healthcare employers and businesses so you can rest assured that the skills you develop are relevant and in demand.
The course combines hands on learning, academic study and a minimum 45-day industry placement, giving you the opportunity to specialise in either adult nursing or caring for children and young people within your second year.
On this course you will develop a good understanding of the Health sector, including:
- Working in the Healthcare sector
- Scientific and clinical practice
- Core science concepts: human biology and physiology
- Providing person-centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Diseases and disorders of the human body
The specialist component Supporting the Care of Children and Young People, includes:
- Assisting the treatment of children and young people
- Providing support for children and young people prior to and after clinical and therapeutic treatments
- Supporting families, parents and carers to meet these needs of children and young people
The specialist component Adult Nursing, includes:
- Assisting an adult nursing team with clinical tasks
- Supporting individuals to complete daily living activities
- Assisting with the care and treatment of skin conditions
You will also develop the essential healthcare sector skills of:
- Team working
- Reflective evaluation
This is a Study Programme for those aged 16-18 years of age.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A* - C/9 - 4, including English Language and Maths
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will require access to a laptop, which can be provided by college if needed.
Your DBS check will need to meet setting requirements.
Your placement uniform will be provided and you will need to travel to your work placement.
The assessment consists of:
- paper A written examination (2 hours)
- paper B written examination (2 hours)
- Employer Set Project (12 hours exam conditions)
Occupational specialism component:
- synoptic assignments specific to occupational specialism
- Industry placement with an external employer (minimum 45 days)
While completing this qualification, you will have an opportunity to develop the essential skills, knowledge and behaviours employers look for in an employee.
These range from:
- workplace behaviour and dress
- interpersonal skills
- communicating with professional colleagues
- supporting other aspiring employees
- understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation
You can progress to employment, higher level apprenticeships and university.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 1st September 2023 - Ending - 29th June 2025
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form