Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course enables you to build upon the range of skills and knowledge gained at Level 1 to further develop your skills and knowledge to enable you to progress to a career within the engineering industry.
Optional Units - three units from a choice:
- This course is for students aged 16-18.
- Certificate in Engineering Level 1, suitable equivalent Engineering qualification or 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above and relevant practical experience.
- Students need to be able to handle and use a range of hand and machine tools.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities. We will provide these for your use whilst in College, but to enhance your learning experience further we require you to have Personal Protective Equipment. Do you need support with the cost of this?
Students are assessed through portfolio of work, both practical and theoretical.
Students need the maturity, independence and motivation to attend college regularly and on time, participate to the best of their ability and behave in a responsible manner.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C or Grade 4 or above in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
This is a recognised industry based award and as such provides students with knowledge and skills at the level which employers recognise as important to the industry.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 2nd September 2021 - Ending - 29th June 2022
|Tuesday||09:00 — 10:00||12 Quays|
|Wednesday||09:00 — 14:00||12 Quays|
|Thursday||09:00 — 17:00||12 Quays|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £920.00
This course is FREE if you are - aged 19+ and live in the Liverpool City Region. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, you are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £17,004 annual gross salary, or you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification, this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form