Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
It provides learners with the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of a range of routine vehicle inspection, fitting and maintenance procedures:
- Routine light vehicle maintenance, including engine systems.
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing light vehicle: standard and high performance tyres.
- Carrying out light vehicle four wheel alignment.
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle: exhaust components, suspension dampers & springs, vehicle batteries and braking systems & components.
- Learners also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
A minimum of 40 credits must be achieved of which 25 credits must be achieved at Level 2 for this qualification.
Group A: 21 credits from the 4 Mandatory Units.
Group B: A minimum of 4 credits from one optional unit.
Group C: A minimum of 15 credits from at least 3 optional 'sets'.
Steal toe capped boots.
It provides learners with the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of a range of routine vehicle inspection, fitting and maintenance procedures.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths (grade 4 and above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips.
Learners can typically progress to a higher level of learning such as a Level 3 Certificate or Diploma and also supplement their progress to GCSEs and other appropriate destinations, such as apprenticeships and employment.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £1950.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form