Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are looking to train as a fully qualified electrician installing in commercial, industrial and domestic locations, this City & Guilds 8202 course could be for you. This is now the default qualification for the traditional route to becoming an electrician.
Please note on completion of the course you will hold the status of Electrician's Mate.
The course covers the following subjects:-
- Commercial - such as supermarkets, offices, warehouses, schools, shops, restaurants and hospitals.
- Industrial - such as research/development parks, heavy manufacturing, buildings and factories.
- Domestic - such as houses, flats, bungalows, renewable and solar PV.
- Agricultural - farms.
- Maintenance services and local authorities.
- Media - Electricians required for the day to day running operations in television and radio.
- Sporting venues - theatres, concert halls and stadium events.
Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) (2365-02) or equivalent and Grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent in Maths.
Satisfactory interview, school report and/or reference.Office use only. Non Standard 6.
Students will be required to provide their own safety boots and drawing equipment, e.g. scale ruler, pencils and pens.
Assessment will be through practical and end tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
If you are aged 19 or over:
This course is full. By applying you will be placed on a waiting list.
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £2000.00
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form