Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
On this course you will cover brickwork, health and safety, storing resources & materials, construction information, quantities, reading drawings and thin joint masonry. It consists of a mixture of practical work and theory.
- C&G 201 Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- C&G 202 Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- C&G 203 Producing Thin Joint Masonry and Masonry Cladding
- C&G 204 Building Solid Walling, Isolated and Attached Piers
- C&G 205 Interpreting Working Drawings to Set Out Masonry Structures
- C&G 206 Construct Cavity Walling Forming Masonry Structures
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
Relevant level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above and successful completion of a skills test.
Satisfactory interview, school report and / or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Steel toecap safety boots, basic calculator, builders scale rule and drawing equipment.
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (or grade 4 and above).
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1275.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).