Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course will be offered at multiple start dates throughout the academic year. To gain this qualification students will need to achieve 30 credits (9 mandatory units and approx 3 optional units). Candidates are expected to develop and demonstrate knowledge and practical competence to a national standard at level 2.
This award is designed for those working under supervision in face to face roles with children, young people (aged 5-16 years) in an education setting. Candidates are expected to arrange their own voluntary placements. It is designed for adults who may be new to the job and/or have limited responsibilities and will be working under supervision. A trainer/assessor will deliver the knowledge sessions and undertake assessment of your practice in the workplace setting. DBS checks are required to undertake a voluntary placement. These may be undertaken by the setting or Wirral Metropolitan College upon payment of the required fee.
- You must be involved in child observation in the setting and to use this experience to contribute to evaluation and future planning, prior to interview.
- You must have read the setting's Child Protection Policy and understand your role within this.
- A minimum Level 1 English is required.
- You will require skills to communicate with children at various stages in their development and with teachers, parents, carers and other professionals.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144. Office use only. Non Standard 14c.
Assessment is via an e-portfolio.
Purchase of childcare books is recommended. Your trainer/assessor will work with you to identify your particular learning and support needs in order to assist you in your studies. Good organisational and time management skills are essential in order to plan and achieve this award within the timescale. It is essential you demonstrate commitment to this course through high motivation, including full attendance and independent study.
Dates are available throughout the year
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £640.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form