Did you know Wirral Met’s support for students with high needs is outstanding*, which means we’re one of the top colleges nationally?
We want you to enjoy your time at college and we are here to help. If you need support, just let us know! The Pastoral Support Mentors and Additional Learning Support team are here to support students to become as successful as possible. We have a team of over 60 highly trained and qualified staff, including Specialist Tutors, Communication Support Workers and Learning Support Assistants who work with students across all subject areas and levels.
Plus, students also have access to TalkCampus, an app where you can talk with other students from around the world if you’re struggling and worried about your mental health.
Support for Learning
Pastoral Support Mentors
Our Mentors can support you with:
- Personal issues
- Problems relating to finance
- Family issues
- Time management
- Study support to help you keep up with your work
Additional Learning Support (ALS)The team support a wide range of needs, including:
- Moderate/Complex Learning Difficulties
- Autism Spectrum Condition
- Physical Difficulties
- Mental Health and Well-being
- Blind or Partially Sighted
- D/deaf or Hard of Hearing
Our Counsellors can support you with a variety of challenges including:
- Major life changes, such as unplanned pregnancy
- Pressures related to your course or exams
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Loss or bereavement
Family problems or relationship difficulties
*Ofsted Inspection 2023
You will receive a confidential assessment from a qualified, specialist tutor. They can assess your needs, and work with you to decide what kind of support will help you. This may simply be the loan of some specialist equipment or software, some additional teaching, or perhaps one-to-one support in the classroom or around the college. Some students only need a small amount of support to help them get on track. Others require longer term support to help them reach their full potential.
It’s tough being a student and we know that you don’t always want to talk to us about how you’re feeling. That’s why we’ve launched TalkCampus. An app where you can talk with other students from around the world if you’re struggling and worried about your mental health. Your student email address will give you free access, just download TalkCampus from the app stores. It’s a place just for you, no staff, no fear of judgement, just instant ongoing support.
- Download TalkCampus for free from the app store or play store.
- Sign up using your student email address and verify your account.
- Start talking with a global student community