Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The CACHE level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) prepares students to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years. Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that students will be able to enter the workforce as early years educators.
The course is rewarding, challenging and intensive and requires a great deal of commitment and motivation.
You will need to be able to research and work independently both in college and for a substantial amount of time at home.
Time spent working across the age ranges is required for the achievement of this qualification and your Trainer Assessor will need to evidence this.
- Preferably GCSE Grade 4/C in English and maths (or equivalent).
- A letter from your employer confirming roles and responsibilities will be required prior to or at interview.
- Be employed or have extensive experience as a volunteer with a commitment of at least 12 hours per week in a setting with under fives throughout the duration of the course.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Office use only. Non Standard
To be discussed at interview.
During your course you will be supported by a trainer assessor who will complete observations at your workplace. Assessment is via e-portfolio. To gain this qualification you will need to:
- Pass all internally assessed units.
- Successful observations in an Early Years setting. (0-5 years)
Vocational competency is gained with children from birth to 5 years and knowledge only with children from 5 to 7 years.
When you have successfully completed your course, you may be able to progress to N100 CACHE Level 4 Early Years Advanced Practitioner.
There are many employment opportunties in the childcare and education sector, such as classroom assistant, nursery nurse and child care practitioner. You will be qualified to supervise children and be well positioned for career progression to management
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2600.00
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).