Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course has multiple start dates throughout the academic year. To gain the qualification students will need to achieve 44 credits (11 mandatory units and approx 4 optional units). Candidates are expected to develop and demonstrate knowledge and practical competence to a National Standard at Level 3.
This award is for experienced Learning Support/Teaching Assistants employed in a school setting, working alongside the teacher at Foundation/Key Stage 1-4 (working towards the National Curriculum) and having a range of supervisory responsibilities within the school.This qualification is for experienced practitioners who do not have a formal qualification in childcare/education. A trainer/assessor will deliver the knowledge sessions and undertake assessment of your practice in the workplace setting.
It is essential you are well established and an experienced teaching assistant and have at least 3 months continuous experience and working a minimum of 12 hours per week before commencing on the programme, this can be a voluntary postition or employment. Personal roles and responsibilities within the setting will be discussed in detail at interview.
- You must be actively involved in curriculum planning, Individual Behaviour Plan (IBPs) and Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- You must read the settings Child Protection Policy and understand your role within this prior to interview.
- GCSE Grade 4/C in English (or equivalent).
- You will require the skills to communicate with pupils at various stages in their development and with teachers, parents, carers and other professionals.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7498. Office use only. Non Standard 15c.
Good organisational and time management skills are essential in order to plan and achieve this award. It is essential you demonstrate commitment to this course through high motivation, including full attendance and independent study. The purchase of childcare books is recommended. Your trainer/assessor will work with you to identify your particular learning and support needs in order to assist you in your studies.
The qualification provides a sound foundation on which to build and gain access to further advanced/specialist qualifications. Progression to other Level 3 progression courses and higher education is possible. Employment opportunities include working in a school setting at Key Stage 1-4 with increased roles and responsibilities.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2225.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course. If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).