This Apprenticeship covers all the basics of Hospitality. As a Hospitality apprentice, you could work in housekeeping, front of house reception, as waiters/silver service waiters, or as a bar person. Duties are likely to include serving customers, preparing and cooking food, serving drinks, reception, cleaning and preparing rooms. You'll study topics such as maintaining food safety when storing food, and working as part of a team. On this Apprenticeship you'll spend a lot of time on your feet. It's also important that you look smart and professional. Good communication plays a role, too - you'll need to understand exactly what your customer wants in order to make them happy.
The Apprentice framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Functional Skills Maths level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 1
The mandatory units on the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services are:
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. Apprenticeships where the Apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the Apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week. It is advantageous to have 3 GCSE's at grade D or above in English, maths, Science or Art.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
- The advanced Level Apprenticeship in Hospitality Services
- Into employment as a Hospitality Services Assistant
- progress to a supervisory position such as Front of House Supervisor, Kitchen Supervisor or Bar Supervisor
Explore potential careers via Career Coach — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2018 - Ends 30th Jul 2019
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 23rd May, 2018 and may be subject to change.