Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This full-time course enables you to develop basic skills and knowledge to an advanced level to meet industry required standards.
- During your course it is expected that you will develop advanced technical skills and knowledge to improve employability.
- You will be expected to work under pressure and stand for long periods of time.
- As part of your qualification you will take part in a photo shoot to produce a portfolio of professional images.
- During your course you will be provided with the opportunity to attend national shows and exhibitions.
- This is a Study Programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- NVQ 2 Hairdressing or equivalent.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments from other students on your course.
- An ability to communicate one to one with clients.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of
equipment to undertake particular activities as part of your studies. These will
be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in
your future career.
Equipment / Uniform required for this course:
- Basic Kit £139.14
- Uniform £45
- Record of Achievement Book £20
NB prices correct as of 29.07.21
If you need support with these costs, don't worry. Click on the link below and complete a bursary application form: https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans
Practical assessment tests are carried out and written assignments are completed. In addition there are VTCT online tests.
An interview will be arranged where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths.
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
|Tuesday||09:00 — 17:30||Conway Park|
|Wednesday||13:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
|Friday||09:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £2850.00
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form