Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This study programme is designed for those who would like to work as cabin crew with scheduled, charter or low cost airlines or those who wish to work within an aviation environment. Through the course you will develop knowledge in airline and aviation operations, airline and aviation health, safety and security along with aircraft emergency procedures.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew Example of units covered
- Working as Cabin Crew
- Airline Health, Safety and security
- Aircraft Emergency situations
- Dealing with passengers on board an aircraft
- Cabin Service selling techniques
- Making passenger announcements on board an aircraft
- Health and safety within Aviation
- Aviation Security
- Aviation Communications
- Airport Check in services
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old
- 3 GCSE grade 3/D including English and maths or a relevant level 1 qualification
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You may be required to wear a uniform; further information will be given before you join the course.
Assignments, Role Plays and Practicals.
This study programme will include days out and trips throughout the year. You will be expected to take part in all activities during the year.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This study programme can lead to progression to BTEC Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism Level 3 Extended Diploma, BTEC Diploma in Aviation Diploma or other Level 3 courses.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 03rd Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £450.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:00 — 14:00 Conway Park Tuesday 09:00 — 15:00 Conway Park Wednesday 09:00 — 15:30 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 23rd June, 2018 and may be subject to change.