Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course covers skills necessary to identify requirements for installing, commissioning, testing and maintaining Mechanical Engineering Services - Plumbing systems.
- Health and safety in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for Building Services Engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering
- Relevant Level 1 qualification or some applicants can be considered on their individual skills and experience.
- Applicants should have GCSE Grade 3/D in maths and English or demonstrate the ability to work at Level 1.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Office use only. Non Standard 20.
Steel-toecap safety footwear, overalls, paper, files and folders are essential for the course. It is also advisable to purchase a number of text books that will be required for the course and future reference.
Practical assessment and module knowledge test.
Practical assessments will concentrate on safety, copper tube, soil and waste, and maintenance. Underpinning knowledge questions will be used during practical assessments to check the candidate's knowledge and understanding.
You will be expected to maintain a portfolio of evidence in the form of a Practical Task Manual, which requires some written responses to be inserted.
The course can be very demanding and regular attendance is essential, and expected, to satisfactory completion and subsequent award.
NVQ 2/3 Diploma Plumbing and Heating (if you gain an apprenticeship or employment). You may be able to register with the Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering on the Register of Plumbers (voluntary).
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1275.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+ and are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £18,135 annual gross salary. If you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form