Application Form to be returned to Student Services
Students will be working with the college's varied small animal collection. The course balances both practical and theoretical studies. You can also develop skills like:
- Information Technology
- Employability skills plus a range of units that include practical and theoretical subjects
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management is designed to provide a specialist work-related qualification in the animal care/land based sector. It provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. The qualification also provides career development opportunities for those already in employment, and a pathway to higher education.
- This is a study programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- Students' will need to have 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C/9-4 including Science, Maths and English.
- or BTEC level 2 Diploma at Merit or above, and maths / English at grade A* - C (or Grade 4 and above).
- and BTEC Animal Management 90 Credit Diploma (specific units may be required)
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will be required to bring paper, pens, a folder and wear clothing suitable for working with animals (details will be given when you start the course). You will also be required to purchase or borrow a lab coat which must be worn for animal handling sessions.
BTEC students are assessed through assignments and projects. Several of the assignments are based on practical activities.
Are you aged 16-18? Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
When does this course run?
Starts 04th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £6750.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Tuesday 09:00 — 14:00 12 Quays Thursday 10:00 — 15:00 12 Quays Friday 09:00 — 16:00 12 Quays
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st July, 2018 and may be subject to change.