Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The course has been designed to prepare you for a career in leading sport and active leisure sessions and/or outdoor activities. The course will be delivered with an emphasis on football.
Wirral Met College Football Development Centre combines this academic activity leadership qualification with practical skills and technical/tactical development, coaching and the option of competitive or recreational weekly football fixtures depending on ability.
Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
A relevant Level 2 Diploma or 4 GCSEs graded 4 or above (grade A*-C), preferably including English and maths.
You should have a keen interest in football and want to pursue a career in leading sport and active leisure activities.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Uniform £50 Educational Visits £50 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
The course is assessed using a combination of practical and portfolio-based activities.
There will be a fee payable to contribute to the residential costs for overnight expeditions and visits, costs will be advised at interview. Students will take part in a variety of activities as part of the course, examples of these are:
- College Football Development Centre representation in The Merseyside Schools & College's League (depending on playing ability)
- Intra College competitions
- Manchester City FC stadium tour
- National Football Museum visit
- Residential visit to London including a visit to Arsenal FC for a festival of football and an Emirates stadium tour as well as a Wembley stadium visit
- Training session at The FA's national football centre St George's Park (training facility of the England national squad)
- Adventurous activities which may include gorge walking, abseiling, rock climbing, canoeing, and kayaking
- Planning and leading sports coaching sessions to local primary school children
- Work experience placements
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £2400.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form