Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The course has been designed to prepare you for a career in leading sport and active leisure sessions and/or outdoor activities. The course will be delivered with an emphasis on football.
Wirral Met College Football Development Centre combines this academic activity leadership qualification with practical skills and technical/tactical development, coaching and the option of competitive or recreational weekly football fixtures depending on ability.
Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
A relevant Level 2 Diploma or 4 GCSEs graded 4 or above (grade A*-C), preferably including English and maths.
You should have a keen interest in football and want to pursue a career in leading sport and active leisure activities.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
You will need to purchase and maintain a college specified uniform. Details will be discussed at interview.
The course is assessed using a combination of practical and portfolio-based activities.
There will be a fee payable to contribute to the residential costs for overnight expeditions and visits, costs will be advised at interview. Students will take part in a variety of activities as part of the course, examples of these are:
- College Football Development Centre representation in The Merseyside Schools & College's League (depending on playing ability)
- Intra College competitions
- Manchester City FC stadium tour
- National Football Museum visit
- Residential visit to London including a visit to Arsenal FC for a festival of football and an Emirates stadium tour as well as a Wembley stadium visit
- Training session at The FA's national football centre St George's Park (training facility of the England national squad)
- Adventurous activities which may include gorge walking, abseiling, rock climbing, canoeing, and kayaking
- Planning and leading sports coaching sessions to local primary school children
- Work experience placements
At the end of the course you could progress to employment in the sports and fitness industry or continue studying sports, fitness or outdoor adventure at Wirral Met College.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
Starting 1st September 2021 - Ending - 24th June 2023
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £4200.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form