Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
Our level 2 Sport Diploma qualification is designed to help you to choose which career is right for you within the exciting sporting industry. Examples of careers are:
- Sport Development Officer
- Sports Scientist
- and many more that will be discussed on your course
Wirral Metropolitan College Football Development Centre combines this academic qualification with practical skills and technical/tactical development, coaching and the option of competitive or recreational weekly football fixtures depending on ability.
Throughout this qualification you will develop the knowledge and skills needed to prepare you to plan and lead activity sessions in the sports environment.
- Participation in sport
- Sports coaching
- Developing sporting skills and tactical awareness
- Physical fitness and injuries in sport
- Performance analysis for sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Understanding business in sport
- Lifestyle and the sports performer
- Sports volunteering
- Work experience in the sports industry
- Plan and set up an enterprising sport business
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Introduction to healthy exercise and nutrition
- Development of personal fitness through training
- Factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity
- Preparing to work in the sport and leisure industry
Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
Relevant Level 1 qualification or minimum 3 GCSEs at 3/D or above, preferably including English and maths.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
You should have a keen interest in sport and aspire to pursuing a career in leading and coaching sport and active leisure activities.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Uniform £100 Educational Visits £50 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
The course is assessed using a combination of practical and portfolio-based activities.
There will be a fee payable to contribute to the residential costs for overnight expeditions and visits, costs will be advised at interview.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (or grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
At the end of the course you could progress to employment in the sports and fitness industry or continue studying on BTEC Level 3 Sport and Exercise Science, Outdoor Adventure and Sport or NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Sports Coaching, Development and Excellence at Wirral Met College.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
Starting 7th September 2022 - Ending - 23rd June 2023
|Wednesday||12:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
|Thursday||09:00 — 14:00||Oval Campus|
|Friday||10:00 — 15:00||Oval Campus|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £575.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form