Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This Level 3 course is a technical level qualification that will develop your knowledge, understanding and technical skills needed for a career in sport and the active leisure industry as a personal trainer in gym based exercise.
This qualification is approved by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) upon successful completion of this qualification you will be eligible to register onto REPS and endorse by CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity).
Units of study will include:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Programming personal training with clients
- Applying principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Delivering personal training sessions
Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old with an active interest in health and fitness.
You should hold a relevant Level 2 qualification, for example a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or a standard of education equivalent to 4 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C), preferably including English and maths.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
You will need to purchase a college specifiied kit. More information will be given at interview.
The course is assessed using a combination of practical and portfolio-based activities.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade 9-4 (A* - C) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
At the end of the course, you could progress to:
K040 - Sports and Exercise Science Level 3
K077 - Military Preparation Level 3
Employment in the sports and fitness industry
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 1st September 2020 - Ending - 23rd June 2021
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1500.00
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
|Monday||15:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
|Wednesday||10:00 — 15:00||Oval Campus|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form