Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This full-time course enables you to develop basic skills and knowledge to an advanced level to meet industry required standards.
- During your course it is expected that you will develop advanced technical skills and knowledge to improve employability.
- You will be expected to work under pressure and stand for long periods of time.
- As part of your qualification you will take part in a photo shoot to produce a portfolio of professional images.
- During your course you will be provided with the opportunity to attend national shows and exhibitions.
- This is a Study Programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- NVQ 2 Hairdressing or equivalent.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments from other students on your course.
- An ability to communicate one to one with clients.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities. We will provide these for your use whilst in College, but to enhance your learning experience further we require you to have a hairdressing kit and uniform. Do you need support with the cost of this?
Practical assessment tests are carried out and written assignments are completed. In addition there are VTCT online tests.
An interview will be arranged where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths.
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
You may wish to further your management skills, consider teaching hairdressing as a career or developing related skills such as Beauty Therapy.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
Starting 2nd September 2021 - Ending - 29th June 2022
|Wednesday||09:00 — 12:00||Conway Park|
|Thursday||11:30 — 18:00||Conway Park|
|Friday||10:30 — 15:30||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form