Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This is a two year programmes and is accredited by University of the Arts London. The Extended Diploma in Creative Practice will enable you to experience the main areas of Art and Design including Fine Art, Graphic Design, Sculpture/3D Design and Fashion/Textiles. This will provide you with a broad range of experience to assist your progression.
The UAL Extended Diploma in Creative Practice Art, Design and Communication is a Level 3 vocational qualification that provides post-16 students with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to progress into further or higher education and training.
The skills developed throughout these qualifications may also support students to progress into appropriate entry level roles, training programmes or apprenticeships in the creative sector. Both qualifications provide an opportunity for those who have an interest in the visual arts to explore, develop and test their creativity within qualification structures that are stimulating and demanding.
The Diploma and Extended Diploma aim to develop students' understanding and application of visual language and the creative process, enabling them to develop creative ideas and produce creative outcomes.
- Four GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A* - C). One must be a GCSE in an art related subject at Grade 4/C or above or a First Certificate or Diploma in a related subject - with merit profile. English Language at Grade 4 or above would be preferable.
- A recent portfolio of art work demonstrating a range of techniques.
- Satisfactory interview, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Art & Design Materials £50 Art & Design Portfolio £40 Supplementary Prints £20 Equipment £40 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
All units are assessed and graded through project and assignment briefs and an overall grade for the qualification is awarded with the Final Major Project.
The course is delivered in a pathway system and students progress through two programmes beginning with the Diploma and ending with the Extended Diploma. This may include further assistance from the Advice and Guidance team based in the college.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C or Grade 4 or above in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
UAL Level 3 Extended Diplomas are valued by employers and higher education (universities and colleges). If you want to get a job straight away you could work in a range of careers including:
- Interior design
- Fashion production / Retail
- Fabric and textile design
- Graphic design
- Freelance photography
- Gallery work
This course prepares you for employment and provides a good grounding to go on to a more advanced course such as:
- Diploma in Foundation Studies Art and Design
- Foundation Degree - 3D Design/Fashion and Textiles/Fine Art/Graphic Design/Multimedia/Photography
- BA Hons - Art related subjects
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
|Monday||10:00 — 12:30||12 Quays Main Building|
|Wednesday||13:00 — 16:00||12 Quays Main Building|
|Thursday||13:00 — 15:30||12 Quays Main Building|
|Friday||09:00 — 12:00||12 Quays Main Building|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £7500.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form