Educational Support Assistants
Educational support assistants work with teachers to provide one-to-one support for children with particular learning needs.
- Supports schoolwork under teacher’s supervision
- Helps child understand instruction through a variety of means and encourages self-confidence and independence
- Identifies signs of distress and offers reassurance
- Implements care programmes, as appropriate
- Helps and encourages child to communicate
- Attends to child’s physical needs
- Provides feedback to teachers and completes and maintains records.
Academic qualifications may be required by some employers, although entry is possible with relevant experience alone. CRB clearance is mandatory.