More Search

Full time students aged 16 – 18 on 31/08/17

If you feel your financial circumstances may stop you from attending college take a look at the range of financial support available, including:

Free Travel:
You can apply for free travel if you live 2 or more miles away from your campus of study.

Weekly Bursary:
You will be entitled to a weekly bursary of £33 per week if:

  • you are in care
  • you are a care leaver
  • you receive income support
  • you are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Employment Support Allowance (ESA)

Learner Support Fund:
You can apply for support from this fund if you are not receiving a weekly bursary and not enrolled on an apprenticeship programme.  This is to support you with any additional on course costs such as equipment, trips, books etc.

Free Meals:
You may be entitled to free meals in college if you or your family receive one of the benefits listed below:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based JSA
  • Income-related ESA
  • Support under Part V of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190.00, as assessed by HMRC
  • Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

If you have children and are using a registered childcare provider, government funding for childcare is available through the Care to Learn scheme.  

For further details visit and


Details on all of these funds are available from Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or you can read more by downloading our Fees and Discounts leaflet.

Ofsted Good GP Colour

Keep Up To Date

Invalid Input
Please enter a valid email address