As part of Visitor Economy Week 2019, Wirral Met College is delighted to continue to host the Great Wirral Junior Bake Off competition!
If you have any students (in years 9, 10 or 11) that love baking (cakes, biscuits, bread, pies etc.) then now is the time to encourage them to apply with an opportunity to impress our judges on Tuesday 5th February 2019 here at the college. Download a Bake Off poster to display in your school.
The first part of the competition involves a paper application and we are looking for young bakers to think about a sweet or savoury item such as a cake, a biscuit, a loaf or even a pie. This item should be something that they feel promotes their school in a positive light.
- The students need to be really enthusiastic about baking
- Finalists will be required to bake their product the day before the judging takes place (Tuesday 5th Feb) and bring it along to be judged
- Students should think about baking something that helps to promote their school as a destination for prospective students.
- Students need to be able to take some constructive feedback from the judges
To apply you must send us:
- A completed application form (which can be completed with the help of one of your teachers)
- An idea of what it is that you will be baking
- An indication of how this item could help to promote their school in a positive light.
- The completed form needs to reach us no later than Friday 18th January 2010
How it will work:
- As soon as we receive the completed applications the judges will get together and short list in order to come up with a list of finalists. If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 23rd January 2019, then unfortunately this means that the application has not been successful.
- The finalists will be contacted by a member of staff from the college who will also offer advice and guidance which could include a visit to the school to speak to the students involved and their teachers
- Finalists will be expected to bake their product ahead of the final and bring it along on Tuesday 5th February 2019 at which time judging will take place
- The overall winner will receive a gift voucher for £50.
- All finalists will be invited to attend a cake decorating/pastry masterclass here at Wirral Met College (details to follow).
Completed Application Forms:
Or by post to
Mr. Tony Boustead, College Manager (Hospitality & Catering), Wirral Met College, Conway Park Campus, Europa Boulevard, Birkenhead, Wirral CH41 4NT
Remember the closing date for applications is Friday 18th January 2019