At Wirral Met College we believe apprenticeships are a great way for people of any age to gain hands-on experience, developing and putting their skills into practice in a working environment. Create a highly skilled workforce or develop your existing one to help your business grow.

Need to recruit an apprentice?

Our Employer Services team can work with you to explain the duration and costs of an apprenticeship, provide a plan to promote your vacancy and help recruit apprentices.

Apprenticeships can be a cost effective way of training existing and new staff and your business may be entitled to support through government funding.

Our dedicated team can support your business from finding talented local candidates for interview right through to the successful completion of the apprenticeship.

The terms of the apprenticeship programme and how training and assessment will be delivered will be discussed with you, ensuring a high quality apprenticeship service for your business.

Wirral Met College is a registered apprenticeship training provider; only providers which are on the government register are able to deliver apprenticeships.

  • What is the National Apprenticeship Wage?

    The National Minimum Wage for apprentices under 19 years of age, or over 19 and in the first year of their apprenticeship is currently £3.90 per hour. Apprentices are entitled to the National Minimum Wage once they are 19 years of age and in the second year of their apprenticeship.

  • What apprenticeships do we offer?

    Wirral Met College provided a wide range of apprenticeships which help to upskill your workforce, including:

    Accounting
    Business & Management
    Childcare & Early Years
    Computing & IT
    Construction & the Built Environment
    Engineering
    Health & Social Care
    Hospitality & Catering
    Motor Vehicle
    Retail
    Science
    Warehousing & Distribution

  • How can Wirral Met College help me and my business?

    The Employer Services team at Wirral Met College can provide you with a wide range of apprenticeship programmes to meet your business needs. Our services support you to find an enthusiastic apprentice from the recruitment stage through to the completion of the apprenticeship programme. You will be appointed experienced assessors and/or tutors with relevant industry experience in your sector to support the apprentice's training and growth. You will have ongoing information and advice from the Employer Services team including support with advertising the vacancy, interview preparation and regular feedback on the apprentice's progress.

  • Who pays for the apprenticeship training?

    The payments for the apprenticeship programme will depend on the size of your business and the age of the apprentice.

    UK employers with an annual pay bill worth more than £3 million will be required to pay the levy. Eligible businesses will pay the levy at a rate of 0.5% of their annual pay bill that is above the £3 million threshold through the PAYE process (regardless of whether or not they employ apprentices).

    Non-levy paying businesses will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with the government; they will pay 10% towards the cost of apprenticeship training and the government will pay the rest (90%). Estimate your apprenticeship funding here or contact us and we will be happy to discuss this with you in more detail.

    The National Minimum Wage for apprentices under 19 years of age, or over 19 and in the first year of their apprenticeship is currently £3.70 per hour. Apprentices are entitled to the National Minimum Wage once they are 19 years of age and in the second year of their apprenticeship.

  • What will I need to do as the employer?

    Simply contact our Employer Services team and we will explain the process of setting up an apprenticeship contract and how we can support you with the recruitment, training and assessment of apprentices.

  • How long will the apprenticeship take to complete?

    An apprenticeship will usually take anything from 12 to 24 months at Level 2 and up to three years for a level 3 Apprenticeship. Higher and Degree Apprenticeships can take anything between 2 to 5 years.

  • Who can become an apprentice?

    Those aged 16 and above can undertake an apprenticeship. You must be living in England and not taking part in full-time education. You must be working and have a contract of employment (minimum 30 hours per week)

  • What happens next?

    If you are interested in an apprenticeship programme or would like to know more, give us a call or enquire by email. We will be happy to discuss your options and support your business.

Poly
Poly

WHO WE'VE WORKED WITH


WHAT OUR APPRENTICES/TRAINEES SAY