Waste Disposal & Environmental Services Managers
Waste disposal and environmental services managers plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the operations and development of waste disposal and related environmental services facilities within private firms or public authorities.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements
- Manages and delegates tasks to staff and co-ordinates the maintenance and optimum utilisation of waste disposal and related equipment to provide an efficient service
- Monitors levels of waste disposal, recycling and related environmental services, compiles statistics and produces reports
- Liaises with members of the local community to educate and promote the concept of recycling and appropriate waste management
- Keeps up to date with new legislation and liaises with appropriate regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with legislation regarding waste disposal and environmental services
- Co-ordinates the resources and activities relating to the procurement, collection, storage, processing and sale of scrap metal and related products.
Entry is possible with a variety of academic qualifications, including a degree or equivalent qualification in a related subject, and/or relevant experience. NVQ levels 3 and 4 and professional qualifications are available. Professional qualifications are available from the Chartered Institute of Wastes Management and may be mandatory in some operational management posts.