More Search

In April 2017, the Government changed the way it funds apprenticeships and introduced the Apprenticeship Levy.

The new system supports apprenticeship training by drawing funds from large UK employers via an apprenticeship levy.

  • UK employers with an annual paybill worth more than £3 million will be required to pay the levy.
  • Eligible businesses will pay the levy at a rate of 0.5% of their annual paybill that is above the £3 million threshold through the PAYE process (regardless of whether or not they employ apprentices).
  • Non-levy paying businesses will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with the government; they will pay 10% towards the cost of apprenticeship training and the government will pay the rest (90%).

If you would like to find out how much your organisation will need to pay, visit the following government website to estimate your apprenticeship funding.

As the largest provider of apprenticeships in the area, Wirral Met College is on the register of apprenticeship training providers; only providers which are on this government register are able to deliver apprenticeships.  


Our Employer Services team can support and guide you through the apprenticeship levy process; we will confirm with you the terms of the apprenticeship programme; how training and assessment will be delivered, its duration and costs of delivery.


For more information and support with apprenticeships contact the Employer Services team
or call 0151 551 7610.


Useful Links 


Interested in an apprenticeship?

Would you like to get updates about future apprenticeship vacancies

  Register your interest

Your next steps

Keep Up To Date

Invalid Input
Please enter a valid email address

Your feedback is valuable to us.
Please let us know how we can improve.

Please tell us your name
Invalid Input
Please tell us your email address
Did you find the information you were looking for?
Invalid Input
How user friendly & accessible is the website?
Invalid Input
How easy is it to find information about courses?
Invalid Input
How easy is it to apply online?
Invalid Input
This field is required