Each week, we’ll be shining a spotlight on the different study courses available at Wirral Met. First up in the series is higher education course, BA (Hons) Illustration with Animation.
This broad-based course, which is validated by the University of Chester, allows students to specialise in either Illustration or Animation at Level 5 & 6 of the course. You can chose to study full-time or part-time.
The course enables students to develop practical and intellectual skills while learning about the history and theory of art.
100% of Wirral Met students studying the course said that ‘staff are good at explaining things’ and ‘staff have made the subject interesting’, in the latest National Student Survey.
Level 6 concludes with a degree exhibition in which students showcase their diverse selection artwork and animation.
Five reasons to study art, design & creative media at Wirral Met
• Wirral Met’s Art School has a reputation for quality and creativity!
• We offer great facilities at our Twelve Quays Campus and the Woodside Art Studios nearby, with access to Fine Art studios, print and 3D workshops, illustration and animation studios.
• You’ll be taught by experienced staff, who are dedicated to helping you explore and harness your creative talent.
• These courses equip students with the skills and knowledge to progress into various occupations across the sector, including an animator or illustrator. Graduates may wish to seek further study at MA level or PGCE teaching qualifications.
• With degree courses validated by the University of Chester, you will have access to university facilities and services, which include online and library resources.
Find out more about the BA (Hons) Illustration with Animation course here, or for advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777.