Our People are our most important resource and are at the core of ensuring that our students have the most enriching and rewarding time at the College. We recognise that coming to work is a significant part of our lives; it helps to define who we are.
If you join us you will have the support of a great team, the satisfaction of contributing to our learners’ achievements, access to learning and development opportunities which will help you to reach your own career goals in addition to a wide range of benefits.
We are committed to ensuring best practice and are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of both our learners and our colleagues.
At Wirral Met, we truly live our values of Success, Passion, Integrity, Respect and Opportunity enabling us towards our vision, “to be an inclusive, outstanding college”.
Across our 4 campuses we offer a stimulating learning and working environment, which is enhanced by colleagues who are committed to providing the best learner experience. Explore our campuses via virtual tours.
To find out more about our ethos as an employer, take a look at our People Strategy.
Executive Director – People and Culture
WORK FOR US
In addition to enriching careers in teaching and learning, we also have amazing career opportunities ranging from estate management, finance, HR, management information systems, marketing and student services.
Job Title Salary Grade Application Closing Date Apply Online Team Leader / Lecturer Electrical Highly Competitive Salary Teaching and Training Grade 8 29/11/2020 See job profile Facilities Assistant Security £16,824 pa Business Support Grade 2 29/11/2020 See job profile Lecturer - Electrical Up to £28,928 pa Teaching and Training Grade 7 29/11/2020 See job profile Team Leader/Lecturer - Plastering Up to £31,603 pa Teaching and Training Grade 8 29/11/2020 See job profile Team Leader/Lecturer - Brickwork Up to £31,603 pa Teaching and Training Grade 8 29/11/2020 See job profile GCSE Lead for English £25,710 - £31,603 pa Teaching and Training Grade 8 30/11/2020 See job profile Learning Support Assistant £16,824 - £18,683 pa Learning Support Grade 3 06/12/2020 See job profile Learning Support Assistant - Carer £16,824 - £18,683 pa Learning Support Grade 3 06/12/2020 See job profile Lecturer - Engineering (Mathematics/Science). £25,710 - £31,603 pa Teaching and Training Grade 8 07/12/2020 See job profile Trainer Assessor - Healthcare £22,852 - £26,479 pa pro rata Teaching and Training Grade 6 03/01/2021 See job profile Lecturer - Accountancy £24,242 - £28,928 pa pro rata Teaching and Training Grade 7 06/12/2020 See job profile Cleaner £16,824 pa pro rata Business Support Grade 1 10/12/2020 See job profile
Wirral Met College is an Equal Opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
TAKING TEACHING FURTHER
Wirral Met College have been chosen to take part in the Taking Teaching Further Scheme 2020/2021. The scheme has been designed to encourage industry professionals to enter the profession of teaching and we are pleased to be part of this brilliant scheme.
If you have always wanted to teach or want a change in career, this is your chance to make a real difference!
What's on offer?
- The opportunity to work for an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ College with a sound financial position
- Full and part-time positions available
- Starting Salary of up to £28,928 (pro-rata if part-time)
- Great Staff Benefits including a defined benefit Teachers’ pension scheme
- 36 days' holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rata if part-time)
- Allocated ‘off the job’ time to complete a full qualification in teaching at no cost to you
- The support and guidance of a mentor to assist your transition into teaching
This will enable you to:
- Share industry knowledge and experience with students
- Gain teaching skills and real experience with support and mentoring from an experienced colleague
- Make an impact, a real difference and progress your career
- Work for an IIP accredited Employer where we really live our values and put our people at the centre of what we do
To qualify you must currently hold:
- Minimum of 3 years’ Industry knowledge in the subject you want to teach
- At least a level three qualification (for example NVQ/vocational level 3) in the subject you want to teach
- Maths and English qualifications to a functional skills level 2 or GCSE C / 4 or willingness to work towards this
How to apply:
If you are interested in a career in teaching in further education, please explore the current vacancies above and apply! Should you be successful and offered the job you have applied for, and you meet the required criteria, you will be taking the first step to being accepted onto the Wirral Met College Taking Teaching Further Scheme.
KEY EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
As one of the Wirral's largest employers, Wirral Met College are proud of the impressive range of staff benefits that we offer to our team. Access the latest version of our Staff Benefits Brochure which has recently been updated and enriched with new benefits.
- Membership of contributory pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers’ Pension Scheme)
- Generous holiday entitlement plus public holidays and efficiency days
- Family friendly policies with maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Continuing professional development opportunities
- Campuses are easily accessible via public transport & we have free parking for staff
- Free eye tests and contribution towards glasses, if eligible
- Wirral Met College is a Disability Confident Employer
- Reduced gym membership
- Access to the Birches training restaurant and the Academy Salons with charges substantially lower than the high street!
If you would like to make a real difference in your community you could become a Governor at Wirral Met College. For more information please go to Wirral Met College Governor Vacancies.