Level 2, Full Time
Application Form to be returned to Student Services
Our suite of level 2 sport qualifications are designed to enable you to choose a pathway that reflects your career or academic aspirations. The pathways are:
- K015 Outdoor Adventurous Activity
- K065 Sports Coaching
- K047 Sport, Exercise and Fitness
This course is designed as an introduction to employment opportunities within the sport and leisure industry. You will cover a range of skills and knowledge to develop your career in this industry or further progression into further education.
Throughout this qualification you will develop the knowledge and skills needed to prepare you to plan and lead activity sessions in Outdoor Education
The qualification consists of three graded mandatory units and optional units including:
- Participation in sport
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Leading an outdoor activity session
- Physical fitness and injuries in sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Expedition experience
- Promote outdoor activities
- Planning and running a sport event
- Understanding business in sport
- Sports volunteering
- Work experience in the sports industry
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Introduction to healthy exercise and nutrition
- Development of personal fitness through training
- Introduction to sports massage
- Factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity
- Plan, deliver and evaluate an activity centre
Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
You need to have a relevant Level 1 qualification or a minimum of 3 GCSEs at grade D or above (grade 3 or above), preferably including English and maths.
Manual dexterity and physical stamina - you will need the ability to carry out practical work which requires manual dexterity
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need to purchase and maintain a college specified uniform and kit. To be discussed at interview.
You will be required to contribute financially to some of the cost of trips, visits and residentials, although these will be kept as low as possible. More information will be given at interview.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
At the end of the course, you could progress to employment in the sports and fitness industry. For opportunities to continue studying Sports at Wirral Met, please see BTEC Outdoor Adventure Level 3 Extended Diploma or BTEC Sport and Exercise Science Level 3 Diploma.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 03rd Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1025.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Wednesday 10:00 — 17:30 Oval Campus Thursday 10:00 — 15:00 Oval Campus Friday 10:00 — 15:30 Oval Campus
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 23rd June, 2018 and may be subject to change.