Level 3, Full Time
Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is designed for aspiring sports scientists or for those wishing to study sports science a degree level.
Areas of study may include:
- Practical individual sports
- Sport in society
- Research methods
- Fitness testing
- Training and fitness
- Practical team sports
- Work experience
- Research project
- Exercise health and lifestyle
- Sports massage
- Sports injuries
- Sports coaching
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Biomechanics and nutrition
Residential weeks are also incorporated into the course further information will be provided by course tutors in induction week.
- Priority will be given to students aged 16-18 yrs old
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above (grade 4 or above), preferably including maths, English and science
- BTEC First Diploma in a related subject
- Satisfactory interview to assess motivation, previous experience if practical work which requires manual dexterity.applicable, communication skills, career planning
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina - You will need the ability to carry out
- Satisfactory assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need to purchase and maintain a college specified uniform. This will be discussed at interview.
There will be continuous assessment by a variety of methods including assignments, projects, practical exercises, group work and presentations.
You will be required to contribute financially to some of the cost of trips, visits and residentials, although these will be kept as low as possible. More information will be given at interview.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
When does this course run?
Starts 07th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £4100.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:00 — 15:00 Oval Campus Tuesday 09:00 — 15:30 Oval Campus Wednesday 09:00 — 12:30 Oval Campus Thursday 09:00 — 13:00 Oval Campus
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 18th July, 2018 and may be subject to change.