This apprenticeship is for laboratory technicians.
Knowledge and skills areas that will be covered include:
- Working safely
- Understanding and following quality procedures
- Understand internal and external regulatory environments
- appropriate scientific techniques, procedures and methods
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Producing and analysing reliable data
- Communicating scientific information
- Business environment
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week.. If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Apprentices will complete a Level 3 or 4 science qualification a scenario case study, and a synoptic assessment test covering knowledge and skills gained. Apprentices will also produce a behaviours log and will take part in a vocational competence discussion. Assessment is to be carried out by an independent assessment organisation.
Apprentices without a level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their apprenticeship.
Achievement of this apprenticeship is recognised by the relevant professional bodies at Registered Science Technician (RSciTech) level.
When does this course run?
- Starts 01st Sep 2019 - Ends 28th Aug 2021 Ref S243L001
- Starts 01st Sep 2019 - Ends 28th Aug 2021 Ref S243L002
- Starts 01st Sep 2019 - Ends 28th Aug 2021 Ref S243L003
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 27th March, 2019 and may be subject to change.