Level 4, Part Time
Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are currently working in sport and active leisure, including osteopaths, physiotherapists, sports therapists and sports massage practitioners, the VTCT Level 4 certificate in sports massage therapy has been designed for you.
The purpose of this specialist qualification is to enrich your understanding of advanced anatomical, physiological and pathological principles relevant to the application of sports massage.
This will provide you with advanced analysis skills for the assessment and treatment of sports injury.
You will learn to critically evaluate massage strategies and methods to inform on future treatments.
You must be in possession of one of the following:
- VTCT Level 3 certificate in sports massage therapy or equivalent qualification.
- VTCT Level 3 diploma in anatomy AND physiology and VTCT Level 3 diploma in Swedish massage or equivalent qualifications.
- VTCT Level 3 diploma in anatomy AND physiology and VTCT Level 3 diploma in body massage or equivalent qualifications.
- Other equivalent qualifications to those identified in prerequisites 1-3. These must be approved by VTCT. Please refer to the National Database for Accredited Qualifications. (NDAQ) for further details (www.accreditedqualifications.org.uk).
You must be 18+ at the time of certification.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Centres may wish to deliver this qualification by distance learning; a minimum of 50% of the GLH (65 GLH) must be spent on direct teaching and supervised practice of massage techniques and assessments.
On successful completion of this course:
- You will be equipped to work independently or in a supervisory position
- You may be able to tutor Level 1-3 sports massage practitioners
- You may also progress to additional VTCT Level 4 qualifications or specialist VTCT qualifications at level 5
The qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for continued professional development (CPD) by the Sports Massage Association.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 06th Sep 2018 - Ends 27th Jun 2019
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £800.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course. If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Wednesday 18:00 — 21:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st August, 2018 and may be subject to change.