Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification is much sought after in the beauty industry. On this course you will also have the opportunity to gain further qualifications such as the Diploma in Indian Head Massage. You will be trained using luxury products such as Crystal Clear and Dermalogica.
During the course you will spend most of your time in the salon working on one another and models. You will study:
- Swedish massage
- Hot Stone massage
- Indian Head massage
- Electrical facial treatments including Crystal Clear
- Non-surgical face lift
- Vacuum suction to stimulate the skin and remove blockages
- Client care How to promote an event
- Team work
- Use of resources
Developing skills such as working with others, improving own performance and problem solving form part of the course and should help you gain employment.
During your course there will be opportunities for attending National shows and exhibitions where you can see some of the main wholesalers and manufacturers of equipment and products. Once a year we hold a college show and you are welcome to attend. You will also be provided with opportunities to take part in short courses (for an additional fee). These include:
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma e.g. NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy, CGLI Beauty Therapy or CIDESCO Beauty Therapy or minimum 4 GCSEs at Grade A*- C (grade 4 or above).
- You need the skills for fine work e.g. handling electrical equipment and manual massage. You will need to be able to work under pressure and stand for long periods of time e.g. delivering body massage treatments.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need to provide your own uniform, following the College uniform policy (approximatley £40). You will also need to purchase your own equipment (basic essential oil kit) at an approximate cost of £45.
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions. In addition there are VTCT online exams.
You will be expected to attend a work experience placement, this will help you gain experience and knowledge of the industry. An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs. You will need:
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Prospects include being employed on a cruise liner, health farm, television, cosmetic companies as a representative, plus many other areas including airlines or self-employment. Further Education opportunities include progression onto the VTCT Reflexology Diploma/ Complementary therapies Diploma/ Salon Management/ Sports Massage.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
When does this course run?
Starts 07th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2630.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 14:00 — 15:00 Conway Park Wednesday 13:00 — 17:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st June, 2018 and may be subject to change.