Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This part-time course enables you to develop basic skills and knowledge to an advanced level to meet industry required standards.
- During your course it is expected that you will develop advanced technical skills and knowledge to improve employability.
- As part of your qualification you will take part in a hair competition and produce a portfolio of professional images.
- During your course you will be expected to attend national shows and exhibitions.
- NVQ 2 Hairdressing or equivalent.
- Applicants must be working in a salon.
- A satisfactory interview and assessment.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need to provide your own equipment and uniform (approximatley £150) and there are additional costs attached to the course.
Practical assessment tests are carried out and written assignments are completed. In addition there are VTCT exams.
An interview will be arranged where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
You may wish to further your management skills, consider teaching hairdressing as a career or developing related skills such as Beauty Therapy.
Explore potential careers via Career Coach — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
When does this course run?
Starts 03rd Sep 2018 - Ends 24th Jun 2019
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2630.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:30 — 16:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 19th June, 2018 and may be subject to change.