This apprenticeship is designed for applicants who are in paid employment within Hairdressing, to achieve the theory and practical elements of the qualifications which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.
Advanced apprentices take their learning a step further by developing their cutting and colouring skills so they can carry out all the latest fashion techniques - and maybe even determine the fashion looks of the future. On this Apprenticeship you'll spend a lot of time on your feet, and it's important that you look smart (and have an even better hairstyle). Good communication plays a role, too - you'll need to understand exactly what your customer wants in order to make them happy. Units include:
- Safely control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Provide hairdressing consultations services
- Creatively cut hair
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction techniques
- Creative style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
- Level 3 NVQ in Hairdressing or Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 2
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Candidates who already have a qualification at Level 4 or higher are not eligible.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
For further information and current vacancies visit www.apprenticeships.org.uk Enhancements and enrichment:
- Opportunity to enter National competitions
- Technical workshops with Wella
- Visits to Olympia and Blackpool hair show
- Mentor new trainees
- Successfully run your own client column
- Open your own salon
- Consider completing a teaching qualification
- Work towards an Assessor Qualification
- Level 4 in Salon Management or University
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2018 - Ends 29th Jul 2020
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:30 — 16:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st June, 2018 and may be subject to change.