Contact Employer Services on 0151 551 7610
This Apprenticeship covers all the basics of Beauty Therapy. As a Beauty Therapy apprentice, you'll work as a salon junior, assisting senior staff while training as a junior Beauty Therapist. Duties are likely to include booking appointments, waxing, manicure, pedicure, facials and make up activities as well as assisting in spa operations. You'll study topics such as beauty therapy theory including selling and health and safety as well as anatomy and physiology. On this Apprenticeship you'll spend a lot of time on your feet. It's also important that you look smart and professional. Good communication plays a role, too - you'll need to understand exactly what your customer wants in order to make them happy.
The Apprentice framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 1 Functional Skill English
- Level 1 Functional Skill maths
The mandatory units on the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy are:
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. It is advantageous to have 3 GCSE's at grade D or above in English, maths, Science or Art.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
- The Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy
- Junior beauty therapist, manicurist or skin care and make up consultant (Intermediate Level)
- NVQ Beauty Therapy Level 3
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2018 - Ends 30th Jul 2019
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:00 — 17:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 16th July, 2018 and may be subject to change.