Level 2, Flexible
Contact Employer Services on 0151 551 7610
This Apprenticeship covers all the basics of Hairdressing. As a Hairdressing apprentice, you'll work as a salon junior, assisting senior staff while training as a junior Hairdresser. Duties are likely to include booking appointments, shampooing, conditioning, basic cutting, drying and finishing hair. You'll study topics such as hair and skin testing and also have the option to learn about promoting products and hair patterns. On this Apprenticeship you'll spend a lot of time on your feet. It's also important that you look smart and professional. Good communication plays a role, too - you'll need to understand exactly what your customer wants in order to make them happy.
The Apprentice framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 1 Functional Skill English
- Level 1 Functional Skill maths
The mandatory units on the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing are:
- Ensure responsibility for actions reduce to risks to health and safety
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. Apprenticeships where the Apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the Apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week. It is advantageous to have 3 GCSE's at grade D or above in English, maths, Science or Art.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Download the Av Search app to find vacancies on iPhone and Android.
- The advanced Level Apprenticeship in Barbering or Hairdressing
- Into employment as a junior Hairdresser or other job roles in the hairdressing related industries
- NVQ Hairdressing level 3 or Level 3 Diploma
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2018 - Ends 29th Jul 2020
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:00 — 16:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st July, 2018 and may be subject to change.