Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This course will give you the skills to enable you to assist in a salon as well as providing excellent progression on to the NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing, which is also an evening course.
You will study basic Ladies Hairdressing to achieve a NCFE level 1 Award in Creative Craft. Taught skills include:
Related skills and the required knowledge will also be studied including:
- Client care
- Team work
- Use of resources such as products
During your course there may be opportunities for attending national shows and exhibitions where you can see some of the countries leading Hairdressers demonstrate. Once a year we hold a College show and you are welcome to participate.
- A genuine interest in Hairdressing/Beauty Therapy and an ability to communicate 1:1 with clients.
- Ability to complete fine work such as sectioning hair, plaiting and setting hair, applying eye liner.
- Some applicants will be considered on their individual skills and experience.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report as applicable.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144. Office use only. Non Standard 26c.
You will require a uniform and equipment at an approximate cost of £140.
Practical and theory assessments continue throughout the course and a written project is completed.
An early application is recommended for this course due to its popularity.
You may gain positions working as a stylist in hairdressing salons in the UK area and abroad, on cruise liners, in theatre, films and television. You may also progress to NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing.
When does this course run?
Starts 05th Sep 2018 - Ends 26th Jun 2019
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £470.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Wednesday 18:00 — 21:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st August, 2018 and may be subject to change.