Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are interested in this course after September, please contact the Student Adviser on 551 7777. During this course you will study beauty therapy skills which will enable you to assist the Beauty Therapist in a salon. This is a good introduction to NVQ level 2.
This course will enable you to study a wide range of skills, all of which will help you on your chosen career pathway, moving into employment or further training. You will get the opportunity to gain a Nationally recognised Vocational Qualification linked to your chosen career. Also, this course will help you to improve your maths and English, plus develop the personal and social skills which employers look for. You will be given support and guidance throughout your learning journey and your progress will be reviewed with you regularly. Part of your week will be spent working in the college salons learning basic beauty therapy skills and assisting the Level 2 students by preparing clients for treatment and Level 3 students on health farm days. You will cover the following:
- Facial treatments
- Nail services
- Preparing the work area
- Health and Safety
- Customer service
You will also spend time in the college reception area taking responsibility for the clients entering and leaving the salon.
During your course there may be opportunities for attending National shows and exhibitions.
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
- 3 GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above or a relevant Entry Level qualification.
- You need the skills for working with customers e.g. directing and preparing the client for treatment. You may be expected to stand for periods of time and have the skills to clear and tidy work areas.
- You need to have a genuine interest in Beauty Therapy and must be prepared to be worked upon in practical sessions.
- An ability to communicate one to one e.g. to a tutor or client and to follow verbal instructions from a tutor or client.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will be assessed practically and by completing theory work. In addition to this there are VTCT online exams.
You will need to provide a character reference or school report.
An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
You will need to purchase a uniform, following the College uniform policy (approximately £40). We highly recommend that you purchase a kit to allow you to practise (approximately £50).
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This qualification could lead to work within the beauty therapy industry or progress to NVQ 2 Beauty Therapy.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
When does this course run?
Starts 05th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £430.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Wednesday 09:00 — 15:00 Conway Park Thursday 10:00 — 15:00 Conway Park Friday 11:30 — 14:30 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st August, 2018 and may be subject to change.