Level 3, Flexible
This apprenticeship is designed for applicants who are in paid employment within a Playwork (breakfast, afterschool or holiday club), to achieve the theory and practical elements of the qualification which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Playwork
- Functional Skills in Mathematics Level 2
- Functional Skills in English Level 2
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning.
To achieve the Diploma learners will need to complete a total of 65 credits (46 credits must be from the mandatory units and 19 credits from a choice of option units) Candidates are expected to develop and demonstrate knowledge and practical competence to a National Standard at Level 3. The competence based element will be achieved in the workplace through building a portfolio of evidence to include observations, professional discussions and witness testimonies. The mandatory units are:
- Understand Playwork Principles
- Understand children and young people's self-directed play
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Understand the organisational framework for play
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Understand relationships in the play environment
- Understand health, safety and security in the play environment
- Understand how to plan for and support children and young people's self-directed play
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Contribute to an organisational framework that reflects the needs and protects rights of children and young people
- Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure play environment for children and young people
- Develop and promote positive relationships in a play environment
- Plan for and support children and young people's self-directed play
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Apprenticeships where the apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week is by exception only. Any circumstances the apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week. Candidates who already have a qualification at Level 4 or higher are not eligible.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
The duration of the apprenticeship is 18 months. Please note this is dependent on experience, capability, commitment and qualifications previously obtained.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2018 - Ends 29th Jul 2020
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 17th June, 2018 and may be subject to change.