As an Advanced Apprentice in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair you will carry out light vehicle maintenance and inspections including servicing, diagnosing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintaining records.
The Apprentice framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skill English
- Level 2 Functional Skill maths
- Level 2 Functional Skill ICT
Mandatory Specialist Units
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle engine faults
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine faults
- Knowledge in diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis faults
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle chassis system faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. Apprenticeships where the Apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the Apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week. Entry to the Advanced Apprenticeship could be upon completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship, a Level 2 vocational qualification, GCSEs, A-Levels or extended work experience in the industry.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Most employers are especially interested in applicants who can demonstrate a positive â€
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Sep 2019 - Ends 28th Jul 2021
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 27th March, 2019 and may be subject to change.