Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are interested in this course after September, please contact Student Advisers on 551 7777 as we consider in year applications.
The award consists of five units:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Preparing and Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Equipment
- Preparing and Using Manual MIG, MAG and Other Continuous Wire Welding Equipment
All units have workshop content.
- Satisfactory completion of Welding Level 1
- Applicants will need to demonstrate basic English and maths skills at Entry level or above
- IT skills would be beneficial
- Satisfactory interview and assessment (including manual dexterity)
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Protective clothing such as boots and overalls will be required for workshop practice.
Students will be individually action planned and reviewed throughout the course.
This course develops those skills necessary to train for work as a welder. It covers basic to intermediate techniques required for the modern engineering industry.
When does this course run?
Starts 03rd Dec 2018 - Ends 25th Feb 2019
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £250.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 15th July, 2018 and may be subject to change.