Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS NOW CLOSED. APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR WILL BE OPEN FROM OCTOBER 2020
This study programme is designed to give you the skills you need to either progress to higher education (UCAS points attached) or into employment. You will gain high level knowledge required for the Travel and Tourism Industry and relevant occupational experience for working in Visitor Attractions, Tour Guiding, Hospitality, Passenger Airlines, Conference and Events, Overseas Resorts, Cruise Ships and Travel Agencies.
Areas of Study Year 1:
- Unit 1: The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
- Unit 2: Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 3: Preparing for a Career in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 4: Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Unit 5: UK Visitor Attraction
- Unit 6: Hospitality in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 11: Marketing for Travel and Tourism
- Unit 16: Worldwide Passenger Airlines
- Unit 17: The Cruise Industry
Areas of Study Year 2:
- Unit 9: Travel Agency Operations
- Unit 10: The UK Conference and Event Industry
- Unit 13: Resort Rep — Roles and Responsibilities
- Unit 14: Investigating Airline Cabin Crew
- Unit 19: Responsible Tourism
- Unit 20: Specialist Tourism
- Unit 18: UK Heritage Tourist Attractions
- Unit 22: Storytelling for Tourism
- Unit 23: Tour Guiding
Each unit is assessed and will receive pass, merit or distinction grades.
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs grades 9-4 / A* - C (including English Language and Mathematics) or equivalent Level 2 qualifications.
- Satisfactory interview.
- Satisfactory reference/school report.
This is an assignment based course with elements of practical assessment throughout.
At the end of the course, you could progress to higher education or employment. You could also continue studies at Wirral Met on one of our Higher National Diploma Courses.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 3rd September 2020 - Ending - 1st June 2022
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £6200.00
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
|Thursday||09:00 — 15:00||Conway Park|
|Friday||13:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form